Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Little Tester Korea Haul

In addition to my last Rose Rose haul, I picked up a few items at Tester Korea - either ones that I couldn't get through Rose Rose or ones that were cheaper through TK.  This order was placed on March 31 (the same day as the RRS order) but took a little longer to ship and didn't arrive at my door until May 1!! That's about two weeks longer than the RRS order :( I know that sometimes shipping from Korea can take a while and it's something that I've been getting more and more used to but when two orders are placed the same day, I get a little antsy when one takes 2 weeks longer to arrive than the other.  I have been hearing about others having similar shipping issues with TK lately as well - especially that there is a relatively long delay before the order is even shipped.  So, if you're looking to place an order, be conscious of that.

As always, costs are in won and 1 won = approximately $1 US for reference.

Anyway, delays notwithstanding, I received my entire (little, for me) haul:

(from left - Nature Republic Snail Solution Foam Cleanser, Nature Republic Lemon Peeling Foot Mask, It's Skin Plant Water Balancing Serum, Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil and, in front, a sample set of Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell which includes a tiny toner and emulsion)

Nature Republic Snail Solution Foam Cleanser (9030 won)
I received a sample of this from either a previous TK or RRS order and really liked the texture.  Snail mucin does great things for my skin and despite this being a foam cleanser (which can often be a little harsh on skin - I don't ph test so I'm not sure where this falls), I found it to leave my skin feeling clean and soft.  I decided to spring for a full size but I haven't opened it yet as I have a few other products to use up.  I think my skin will be particularly happy with this come summer when it tends to get a little oilier.

Nature Republic Lemon Peeling Foot Mask (2800 won)
I have used a different brand of peeling foot mask in the past and quite liked it.  For those who don't know, this contains little booties full of the product which you wear over your feet for 1 - 1 1/2 hours then discard and rinse your feet completely.  Within a few days, all the dead skin on your feet will begin to shed and peel off.  While I experienced great results with these types of mask in the past, and this one gets great reviews, I didn't find it did that well on my feet.  While I did get some peeling, it was nothing compared to my prior experience.  Maybe my feet were in better shape to begin with? It does smell better than some peeling masks for what that's worth.

It's Skin Plant Water Balancing Serum (7020 won)
This serum is supposed to be light and appropriate for all skin types.  I haven't tried it yet so I'll hold off on any strong opinions.  I am hoping it will be light enough to use this summer.

Skinfood Black Sugar Cleansing Oil (6790 won)
I recently got into the 2-step cleansing method:  an oil cleanse to remove make-up and dirt from dry skin, followed by a traditional cleanse to finish the job and get rid of any leftover oil.  I have a few samples of a cleansing balm but much prefer an actual oil.  I also really like Skinfood's product lines and how delicious they smell plus have heard great reviews about this particular oil.  Excited to try!

Skinfood Platinum Grape Cell Toner and Emulsion (800 won)
My husband has been complaining about his fine lines and wrinkles so I thought I'd pick him up something to try out.  I really like Skinfood and this formulation is supposed to be great for anti-aging.  He has tried it once so far and said it was interesting.  But then, he's not that big on skincare.  Oh well, it was just a little sample and relatively inexpensive so he'll either use it or he won't.  I thought it smelled great though :)

And that's all folks! No samples this time around which was a little disappointing :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.