How do you teach a child about colour?
Well, you probably start by talking about the colours of things you encounter (telling, really):
- "This is Mommy's car. Mommy's car is silver."
- "That is a nice orange shirt you're wearing."
- "This block is red. That one is green."
- "Here is a red block. Let's put all the red blocks together."
- "This triangle is blue. Do you see anything else that's blue in this picture?"
- "These puzzle pieces are the same colour. They should go together."
- "What colour is this block?"
- "What colour is your bedroom? What colour is your brother's bedroom?"
- "What colour is daddy's hair?"
But what if that child is colour blind?