Sunday, November 09, 2014

Writing again

So I used to write. . . a lot actually.  Writing was like breathing:  something so natural I hardly realized I was doing it until I had filled the page with my thoughts and ideas, hopes and dreams.  Then I stopped.  This blog is an experiment, something to get me writing again.  And that is both exciting and terrifying.  What will I say? Will anyone care to read it?

The answer to the first is whatever I need to say.  I’m a mom (to a rambunctious 2 1/2 year old boy), an expectant mom (coming in July!) and a full-time English and Drama teacher so expect some posts about mommydom, some posts about work-life balance and maybe some posts about what I’m loving in books, TV and film.  I’m also an online shopping and subscription box addict so there will definitely be some posts about what’s in my mailbox and what I think of it.  Mostly this blog will serve as a kick in the pants – to me, to take some time to do something that’s just for me - "me, with kids" instead of "me-with-kids".

As for the second question, we'll see.  If you've found yourself here, welcome! I hope you like what you read and find something that speaks to you.  I'd love to hear what you're thinking too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.