Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Julep December 2015 Review



Julep's December 2015 Collection is the "Up All Night Collection" and, lol, can I relate. . . but not in the fun, party way they expect! Between the toddler (who rarely wakes, to be fair) and the baby (who makes up for it), I sometimes feel like I am truly "Up All Night!"


Julep is a monthly nail polish subscription box / beauty subscription.  Their polishes are 5-free and vegan-friendly which I love! For $24.99 per month (or $19.99 per month if you sign up for 3 months up front), you will receive your choice of 2-3 nail polish / beauty items each month according to your profile.  "Classic With a Twist", "Bombshell" and "Boho Glam" profiles receive 2 polishes and 1 beauty item; "It Girls" receive 3 polishes and "Modern Beauties" receive 2 beauty items.  But now, no matter what profile you are, you can totally customize your box or even switch to a totally different box! And you can skip any month after your first month as a Maven (Welcome Boxes don't count).  Sounds perfect to me!  

If you're interested in trying out the subscription, my links will take you to a FREE Welcome Box, just pay the cost of shipping - this will sign you up for the subscription so be forewarned about that (if you scroll down though, you can get in for the 3 month rate of $19.99 per month).  Check out the Welcome Box I received here.  This is an American sub so do factor in the cost of exchange although, aside from Welcome Boxes, shipping is free for Mavens - even Canadian ones :)

On to the products!

 

This month Julep introduced "It's Whipped" - a line of matte lip mousses. . . so of course I had to try them out! I'm a sucker for a gorgeous, pigmented lip that feels good on and stays put.  Too much to ask? Check out my reviews below :)


Julep always does a beautiful job packing everything in - it's like getting a present! And the include a little treat too :)

When Pencil Met Gel in Forest Green Shimmer, It's Whipped in XOXO and in Bisou

When Pencil Met Gel in Forest Green Shimmer ($16 value)

I have about 4 of these eye pencils now, I think! The formula is awesome - no pulling or tugging, just creamy softness that sets and stays put! I'm in love :) And I had not seen it available in a green up to this point but promised myself that if I did, I'd have to buy it (I'm pale with green eyes and, often, reddish hair so green eye makeup has long been one of my fave looks).  And this month, there it was. . . and a good thing too - I'm pretty sure my previous green liner was over 10 years old.  I need to pay more attention to that, I guess.  Anyway, I love this.

It's Whipped in XOXO ($20 Value)

"It's Whipped" is a liquid-to-matte mousse which means it glides on like a thinner lip gloss and then sets with the killer pigmentation you're probably used to in a lipstick.  And it stays put! Seriously, the swatches below needed to be removed with my oil cleanser.  XOXO is described as "femme fuschia" and is a gorgeous shade - not too bright but beautifully pigmented.

It's Whipped in Bisou ($20 Value)

Bisou is a "modern mauve" but, much like the lipstick I purchased last month, I'm finding it more peachy and beige than I was expecting.  With a description like "mauve," I expected a little more of a purple-y tone than it's reading against my skin.  I am pretty pink though so this might look more like it's described on someone else.  I do like it. . . but I also wish it was more mauve-y since that's why I bought it.



And swatches:

Forest Green Shimmer on top,

XOXO in the middle,

Bisou at the bottom









Overall Verdict:

Another solid month from Julep.  Seriously, I feel a little polish-overloaded right now (but don't worry, that'll change!) but with their completely customizable sub, I am able to pick up what I do need / want. . . or just skip the month if I choose.  That rocks :)  Plus, I am consistently impressed with the quality of their make-up products.  These lip mousses look and feel great on and are a convenient size and shape to slip in your clutch for holiday parties (if, you know, you have fancy holiday parties to attend).  They are a total hit! I might need more colours. . .

If this piques your interest in Julep, I would greatly appreciate your use of my links.  Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.