Sunday, February 21, 2016

Five Four January 2016 Review

 

Do you see what I see? Yup. . . that's a Five Four delivery sans pants.  Again.  Ugh!

This is the second month (or "volume") for the winter season with Five Four Club.  Starting in September, Five Four indicated a slight change to their subscription model in order to provide customers with a more cohesive range of outfits per season.  For the record, here is what has been sent to my husband over the Fall season and 2 of 3 Winter "Volumes":
Don't get me wrong - this all really nice stuff and my husband loves each item.  They are consistently the first items he reaches for out of the clean laundry.  But colour me confused - why make a point of saying he'd be getting a "range of outfits" and then not sending anything for his bottom half?!?  As we promised in last month's review, we did reach out to Five Four regarding this issue.  And they have never gotten back to us.  In over a month.  We got the auto-email response that our help request had been received though.  Not too happy about that.  Maybe they're just going to fill his next month full of pants? Because otherwise, I think we'll be cancelling :(

Never heard of Five Four Club? It is a men's clothing subscription out of California.  They have a lot of celebrity clients (including Mark Wahlberg) and offer a variety of Five Four-branded clothing items.  It is a little pricey at $60/month (especially for Canadians since there is an additional $25 surcharge for us - boo! - and exchange on top of that!) but there are, occasionally, deals to be had.  We find that with recent exchange rates, it works out to $115-120 Canadian. . . so a bit of a splurge but my husband looks great and doesn't have to go shopping.

When you join Five Four Club, you fill in a pretty detailed profile indicating your sizing and preferences so that your stylist can select the perfect items for you.  The style profiles available are Casual, Forward, Classic and Mix and my husband currently subscribes to the "Mix" option.

So, what did he get this month?
Coal Jacket (Black)

Looks like the only overall shot I have of this is the one above.  This is a wool blend coat in a flattering cut.  And I'm sure it's perfect for a slightly warmer climate.  In Canada, however, this is great for wearing to and from a warm car, or in late fall / early spring (yes, even in Southern Ontario).  So we like it a lot but it's not going to replace my husband's current winter coat.





I always love the attention to detail on Five Four's stuff.  Here you can see the nicely contrasting lining as well as the collar.














Pockets. . . not much to say about those.  Good to have them, of course!















And an inner pocket for your billfold.  Who am I kidding? Clearly, this is where smartphones live.  

Wyland Hat (Heather Grey)



Now this, my husband wears every time he goes outside.  A good toque is key to getting through winter and this one is nice.  I like the knit and the colour.  It looks nice with the coat.  Not crazy about the tag thing on the front but my husband likes it so that's cool.






Overall Verdict:

Still no pants.  And no response from customer service.  I'm not really happy with that.  I wish I could say good things about my customer service experience. . . but I didn't really have an "experience" with them at all.  I felt ignored.  That said, I did peek at what's coming next month (shhh. . . don't tell my husband!) and that order will, finally, include a pair of pants.  I hope they're awesome because that order will likely determine whether we stay on board for spring or not.  Stay tuned on that front!  As for this month's order, I do really like the coat and can't really fault them for not making it super warm since they are a company from the southern US.  I do think the value is there as I know coats like this one can be rather pricey.  The hat is a nice addition as well.

If you would like to try out Five Four Club yourself (or pick it up for a husband, boyfriend, son, etc.), your use of our links would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.